You may have heard the term Indigo Child being used with growing frequency in recent years, particularly since the 1970s – back when the basic idea was developed by teacher and author Nancy Ann Tappe. Or perhaps, this is the first time you are hearing of it.
SO WHAT IS AN INDIGO CHILD? AND HOW CAN YOU RECOGNIZE ONE?
Indigo Children quite simply refers to gifted children who are believed to naturally possess any kind of special abilities or traits.
These can range from the magical to even the supernatural. It is believed that these children serve as a reminder for the rest of humanity, who through time has lost touch with who we truly are – one shared body of consciousness.
While the rest of us pay far more attention to our thoughts as opposed to our feelings, these children know instinctively how to connect to our collective consciousness. Some have even gone as far as to say that the generations of Indigo Children are ‘The Next Step in Human Evolution’.
So why the color Indigo? This has to do with auras; In 1982, Nancy Ann Tappe published a book titled‘Understanding Your Life Through Color’, a book focusing on the metaphysical concept of different colored auras that people can have, and what meaning each color holds. She states that during the 1960s, she noticed that many children were being born with indigo color auras.
Is it possible to spot an Indigo Child? Could you possibly be one yourself?
HERE IS A LIST OF TEN CHARACTERISTICS THAT INDIGO CHILDREN ARE SAID TO HAVE, WHICH CAN HELP YOU IDENTIFY ONE.
1. They have a clear sense of purpose and self-confidence, which most people lack.
2. They can be strong-willed from an early age, and have their own unique way of doing even the simplest things. The rules and regulations the rest of us follow as children may seem trivial to them.
3. They can ignore what is ‘expected’ of them, preferring do their own thing. This can cause friction with parents and teachers.
4. Authority that allows no choice or input is rejected by them; therefore, it can be a challenge to parent or discipline an Indigo Child. Standard methods do not prove effective.
5. They can be incredibly empathic towards others and possess wisdom that even people twice or thrice their age cannot compare to.
6. Because of their different nature, they can be seen by family and friends as strangely anti-social. The exception is when they are with other Indigos like themselves – this is the only time they may feel understood and ‘at home.’
7. They have an amazing intuitive ability – they always seem to hear or know things that non-Indigos cannot explain.
8. They are insightful and have uniquely good ideas. They can provide simple solutions to complex problems, making them seem like “system busters.”
9. Their high intelligence quota, combined with their creative right-brain thinking, can give them a hard time in a tradition left-brain school system
10. Their brains can process information much faster than the average person. This increased energy, if not correctly balanced, makes them prone to not only anxiety and depression but also the high likelihood of being ADD and ADHD diagnosed.
Originally written by Mariya M. and published on Learning-Mind
All content on this Web site, including medical opinion and any other health-related information, is for informational purposes only and should not be considered to be a specific diagnosis or treatment plan for any individual situation. Use of this site and the information contained herein does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.