1. At two, they can barely talk. At three, they never shut the hell up.
2. At two, they cry. At three, they throw temper tantrums so epic, you become convinced that they are possessed by the devil.
3. At two, they’re happy to eat anything you present to them. At three, they eat only three foods (usually consisting of a starch and processed cheese).
4. At two, baths are a ten-minute event, the result of which is a clean child. At three, baths take over an hour, and result in a drenched bathroom, sopping wet mommy, and 16 used towels.
5. At two, they wear diapers that can be changed on your watch. At three, they’re potty trained and the world revolves around their bladders and bowels.
6. At two, they are distracted by a box of Gerber Puffs at the grocery store. At three, they want to dictate your entire food list.
7. At two, they let you dress them, looking innocent and adorable. At three, they insist on picking out their clothes, looking like pint sized versions of mental institution inhabitants.
8. At two, they don’t like to get dirty. At three, they thrive on it.
9. At two, you can do things for them, saving infinite amounts of time. At three, they must do everything by themselves, taking FOR-fucking-EVER.
10. At two, manipulation is the last thing on their minds. At three, they own you. And they know it.
All content on this Web site, including medical opinion and any other health-related information, is for informational purposes only and should not be considered to be a specific diagnosis or treatment plan for any individual situation. Use of this site and the information contained herein does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.